CALIFORNIA INCREASES STATE CAMPAIGN CONTRIBUTION AND GIFT LIMITS FOR 2019-2020
The California Fair Political Practices Commission approved adjustments to the state campaign contribution and gift limits for 2019-2020, effective January 1, 2019.
The campaign contribution limits for an entity, individual, or PAC (other than a small contributor committee) to the following California state candidates/committees are as follows:
- Governor: $31,000 per election
- Statewide Candidates (other than Governor) and Board of Equalization: $7,800 per election
- State Senate and Assembly Candidates: $4,700 per election
- Political Party (for contributions to state candidates): $38,800 per calendar year
- PAC (for contributions to state candidates): $7,800 per calendar year
The new gift limit applicable to California state and local officials and designated employees is $500 per calendar year. Note that local jurisdictions may have adopted more restrictive gift limits.
Disclaimer: Politicom Law LLP makes this information available for educational purposes only to give you general information and a general understanding of the law, not to provide specific legal advice. By using this page, you understand that there is no attorney client relationship between you and Politicom Law LLP. This information should not be used as a substitute for competent legal advice from a licensed professional attorney in your state.